Welcome to the 40th Annual “Throw Me Something, Rugger”
Mardi Gras Rugby Tournament
New Orleans, LA
February 15, 2020
The New Orleans Halfmoons Women’s Rugby team will be hosting their annual “Throw Me Something, Rugger!” Mardi Gras Tournament on February 15, 2020. The tournament is 15’s rugby and is open to both women’s and men’s teams, each with club and collegiate.
**$100 Cash Prize for the 1st place winner** of the Men’s and Women’s Club Brackets!!
Please note that this is a USA Rugby sanctioned tournament so all teams must be in compliance and good standing with USA Rugby. Motley teams are acceptable, but all players must be CIPP’ed and a Motley Roster form submitted one month prior to competition. International teams are also welcome, provided you get international tour clearance from your respective governing body.
Teams are guaranteed at least three games (weather permitting) during the one day of competition with plenty of parades, partying, and general debauchery in the great city of New Orleans. Come on down to the Big Easy and enjoy the amazing atmosphere, food, and rugby that we have to offer!
There will be a pre-tournament welcome party on Friday night. More details to follow!
***Please note, registration will close on Jan 31st or when all the brackets fill up, whichever comes first, so don’t delay!***
How to Enter
- Online: Fill out the online entry form and pay via PayPal (yellow Donate button on the right side of the website) or Venmo @Halfmoons-rugby.
- Paper: Complete the 2020 entry form and mail a check to the address on the form (email email@example.com to get a copy of the paper form).
- MOTLEY TEAMS: This is a USA Rugby Sanctioned event and all teams must be in good standing with USA Rugby in order to be eligible to participate. Motley teams are allowed as long as individual players are in good standing with USA Rugby, the Motley team has a level 200 Certified coach, and they submit the following Motley Club Tournament Roster form
- SINGLE PLAYER REGISTRATION: In an effort to create more opportunities for women to compete, female players may now register as single players. The cost is $15 per player, non-refundable. The deadline for single player registration is January 15, 2020. CIPP number must be included on registration form (online entry form link above). There is limited availability.
TEAM REGISTRATION: ***Check out the Early Bird Registration, ends Sept. 1st!!***
|Deadline||before Sept 1st||Sept 1 – Nov 30||Dec 1 – Dec 31||Jan 1- Jan 31|
WOMEN’S SINGLE PLAYER MOTLEY REGISTRATION
|Enter by:||Jan 15th|
NEW LOCATION this year!! We’ve expanded to FOUR fields, behind the UNO Lakefront Arena. Additional info regarding fields and parking will be sent to all registered teams and individuals prior to tournament date:
Where to Stay
Tournament hotel block info:
Check back soon for Hotel Block info!
- airbnb, VRBO, Craigslist
- Hostels: Site 61, St. Vincent’s Guest House, The Garden District House, NOLA Jazz House, The Atlas House, IHSP French Quarter House, India House Hostel, Auberge NOLA, Madame Isabelle’s House
|New Orleans Halfmoons|
|NY Village Lions|
|High Country Rugby Club|
Contact us at NewOrleansWomensRugby@gmail.com with any questions!
Check out the Tournament site on Facebook!