TEAM REGISTRATION IS CLOSED!!! ALL BRACKETS ARE FILLED!! COME BACK NEXT YEAR OR JUST COME ON DOWN TO THE BIG EASY AND CELEBRATE WITH US ANYWAY!!
Welcome to the 42nd Annual “Throw Me Something, Rugger”
Mardi Gras Rugby Tournament
New Orleans, LA
February 19, 2022
The New Orleans Halfmoons Women’s Rugby team will be hosting their annual “Throw Me Something, Rugger!” Mardi Gras Tournament on February 19, 2022. The tournament is 15’s rugby and is open to women, men, and old boys teams. Motley teams are allowed if all rostered players are registered with USA Rugby. To obtain temporary USA Rugby Membership for this event, please use this link: https://admin.sportsmanager.ie/sportlomo/registration/event-registration/index/13529
Teams are guaranteed three games (weather permitting) during the one day of competition.
LaSalle Park, 6600 Airline Dr, Metairie, LA 70003, next to the NOLA Gold Rugby Stadium
Friday night pre-tourny social at Prohibition Balcony Bar, 333 Bourbon Street. Captains can pick up their welcome packets downstairs between 7:30pm-9:00pm
Saturday post tournament social and tailgating at the Gold Stadium! Stink and Drink as Nola Gold takes on the Toronto Arrows. Kickoff at 7pm. Tailgating outside the stadium post tournament. All registered teams and individuals will get a link for discounted tickets.
Saturday late night Bourbon Street bar crawl, starting at Prohibition at 10:30pm
If you want to check out the parades between the rugby festivities, here’s a link to the 2022 PARADE SCHEDULE:
Krewe of Cork starting at 3pm, French Quarter
Krewe of Oshun, Krewe of Cleopatra, and Krewe of Alla- back to back starting at 6pm, Uptown
Saturday night 2/19:
Knights of Sparta and Krewe of Pygmalion- back to back starting at 6pm, Uptown to downtown (parades will still be rolling downtown after the Gold game is over)
The Mystic Krewe of Femme Fatale, Krewe of Carrollton, Krewe of King Arthur- starting at 11am, Uptown
Krewe of Barkus (dog parade) at 2pm, French Quarter
Please refer to the Louisiana Governor’s Executive Proclamation and acknowledge on the online entry form below that you have read and understood the local guidelines. ***At this time, proof of vaccination for all eligible individuals 12 years and older, or a negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test within 72 hours, will be required at most indoor venues in Orleans Parish and outdoor events where more than 500 people are in attendance***
How to Enter
- YOU MUST FILL OUT THE ONLINE ENTRY FORM TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT!
- Paper: If you need a paper form, then email us at email@example.com to get a copy of the paper form, but you must still fill out the online entry form to reserve your spot!
- Ways to Pay:
- Venmo @Halfmoons-rugby
- PayPal (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Send “Friends and Family” to avoid fees* (in the event that a refund is requested, you will not be refunded any paypal fees charged us)
- Checks payable to “New Orleans Halfmoons Women’s Rugby Club” can be mailed to 2120 N. Prieur, New Orleans, LA 70116 (please let us know ahead of time if you are mailing a check).
- SINGLE PLAYER REGISTRATION: In an effort to create more opportunities for women to compete, players may now register as single players to be added to a motley team. The cost is $15 per player, non-refundable. The deadline for single player registration is January 20, 2022.
TEAM REGISTRATION FEES: TEAM REGISTRATION IS CLOSED. ALL BRACKETS FILLED!!
|Deadline||before Dec 1st||after Dec 1st||after Jan 1st||after Jan 31st|
|Entry Fee||registration closed|
WOMEN’S EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION: $300 before Dec 1st
*WOMEN’S SINGLE PLAYER MOTLEY REGISTRATION IS FULL!
|Enter by:||Jan 20, 2022|
*Motley teams are allowed if all rostered players are registered with USA Rugby. To obtain temporary USA Rugby Membership for this event, please use this link: https://admin.sportsmanager.ie/sportlomo/registration/event-registration/index/13529
Where to Stay
TOURNAMENT BLOCK RATES:
Near the pitch: Hilton New Orleans Airport $149 + tax /per night. Cut-off date for courtesy block is January 18th. Click on the link to reserve a room at the block rate.
Downtown hotel block: InterContinental New Orleans, $219 + tax /per night/ plus $30 per each additional person. Cut-off date is January 19th. Click on the link to reserve a room at the block rate
Some other options:
- Airbnb, VRBO
- Hostels: Site 61, NOLA Jazz House, IHSP French Quarter House, India House Hostel, Auberge NOLA, Madame Isabelle’s House
Contact us at NewOrleansWomensRugby@gmail.com with any questions!
Check out the Tournament site on Facebook!
HUGE Shout out to all our tournament sponsors!