Welcome to the 41st Annual “Throw Me Something, Rugger”
Mardi Gras Rugby Tournament
New Orleans, LA
February 6, 2021
The New Orleans Halfmoons Women’s Rugby team will be hosting a scaled down version of their annual “Throw Me Something, Rugger!” Mardi Gras Tournament on February 6, 2021. The tournament is 15’s rugby and is open to both women’s and men’s teams.
PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO COVID RESTRICTIONS, THIS YEAR’S TOURNAMENT WILL NOT BE SANCTIONED BY USA RUGBY. ALL PLAYERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO BE REGISTERED WITH USA RUGBY AND WILL BE REQUIRED TO SIGN A WAIVER ACKNOWLEDGING THEY UNDERSTAND AND ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE RISKS INVOLVED WITH THEIR PARTICIPATION. SANITATION MEASURES WILL BE IN PLACE AT THE TOURNAMENT AND CONTACT TRACING WILL BE UTILIZED IN THE EVENT SOMEONE FALLS ILL.
Teams are guaranteed three games (weather permitting) during the one day of competition.
SOCIAL INFO: This year’s social will take place at the pitch immediately following the final matches and will include firepits, flip cup, beer pong, dancing, debauchery and more! The social theme is ONESIES!! And there will be random prizes throughout the night for the best onesie outfits!
COVID-19 STATEMENT: Louisiana’s Phase 3 allows for contact sports and aligns with USA Rugby’s Return To Play Guidelines for Phase 5. In order to participate in this tournament, you must determine the current allowance of social activity as provided by your local government. Only teams who are located in areas that are cleared for contact sports will be allowed to participate.
In the event your team is cleared for play at the time of registration, but later determined to be ineligible due to new COVID-19 restrictions in your area, then a refund will be issued, less any fees (*see Ways to Pay below)
Please refer to the Louisiana Governor’s Executive Proclamation and acknowledge on the online entry form below that you have read and understood the local guidelines for athletic events (Section 2.D.7)
How to Enter
- YOU MUST FILL OUT online entry form TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT!
- Paper: If you need a paper form, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a copy of the paper form, but you must still fill out the online entry form to reserve your spot!
- Ways to Pay:
- Venmo @Halfmoons-rugby
- PayPal (email@example.com) – Send “Friends and Family” to avoid fees* (in the event that a refund is requested, you will not be refunded any paypal fees charged us)
- Checks payable to “New Orleans Halfmoons Women’s Rugby Club” can be mailed to 2120 N. Prieur, New Orleans, LA 70116 (please let us know ahead of time if you are mailing a check).
- SINGLE PLAYER REGISTRATION: In an effort to create more opportunities for women to compete, female players may now register as single players. The cost is $15 per player, non-refundable. The deadline for single player registration is January 20, 2021.
TEAM REGISTRATION FEES:
|Deadline||before Nov 1st||Nov 1 – Nov 30||Dec 1 – Jan 15||Jan 15-Feb 1|
WOMEN’S SINGLE PLAYER MOTLEY REGISTRATION
|Enter by:||Jan 20, 2021|
The address to the pitch is 850 Gretna Blvd, Gretna, LA 70053.
New Orleans Rugby Football Club Pitches:
Where to Stay
There no tournament hotel this year but we’ve got the low down on a few different locations:
HI New Orleans Hostel, Canal Street, New Orleans, LA – $149 – Available in 4, 6 and 8 bed dorms all which can be made into private rooms for the teams
Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome – $199 – Two night minimum
Wyndham Garden Baronne Plaza New Orleans – $185 – Three-night minimum
The Quisby -$90
Some other options:
- Airbnb, VRBO, Craigslist
- Hostels: Site 61, St. Vincent’s Guest House, The Garden District House, NOLA Jazz House, The Atlas House, IHSP French Quarter House, India House Hostel, Auberge NOLA, Madame Isabelle’s House
|New Orleans Halfmoons|
|New Orleans Krewe|
Contact us at NewOrleansWomensRugby@gmail.com with any questions!
Check out the Tournament site on Facebook!