Welcome to the 39th Annual “Throw Me Something, Rugger”
Mardi Gras Rugby Tournament
New Orleans, LA
February 23, 2019
The New Orleans Halfmoons Rugby team will be hosting their annual “Throw Me Something, Rugger!” Tournament on February 23, 2019. The tournament is 15’s rugby and is open to both women’s and men’s teams, each with club, collegiate, and, new this year, high school divisions. Please note that this is a USA Rugby sanctioned tournament so all players must be CIPP’ed.
Teams are guaranteed at least three games (weather permitting) during the one day of competition with plenty of parades, partying, and general debauchery in the great city of New Orleans. Come on down to the Big Easy and enjoy the amazing atmosphere, food, and rugby that we have to offer!
How to Enter
- Online: Fill out the online entry form and pay via PayPal (yellow Donate button on the right side of the website).
- Paper: Complete the 2019 entry form and mail a check to the address on the form.
- MOTLEY TEAMS: This is a USA Rugby Sanctioned event and all teams must be in good standing with USA Rugby in order to be eligible to participate. Motley teams are allowed as long as individual players are in good standing with USA Rugby and they submit the following Motley Club Tournament Roster form
- SINGLE PLAYER REGISTRATION: In an effort to create more opportunities for women to compete, female players may now register as single players. The cost is $15 per player, non-refundable. The deadline for single player registration is January 31, 2019. CIPP number must be included on registration form. There is limited availability.
|Enter before||February 3||after February 3|
WOMEN’S SINGLE PLAYER REGISTRATION
|Enter by:||January 31|
La Salle Park
6600 Airline Dr, Metairie, LA 70003
Where to Stay
Tournament hotel block info:
Ramada Inn Metairie-New Orleans Airport
$109/night and free parking!
Cut-off date for block Feb 1, 2019
Space is limited!
Hotel phone: 504-833-8201
Ask for “Mardi Gras Rugby 2019” block rate
- airbnb, VRBO, Craigslist
- Hostels: Site 61, St. Vincent’s Guest House, The Garden District House, NOLA Jazz House, The Atlas House, IHSP French Quarter House, India House Hostel, Auberge NOLA, Madame Isabelle’s House
|Waterloo Co. Pirates (Canada)|
|Pittsburg State University|
Contact us at NewOrleansWomensRugby@gmail.com with any questions!
Check out the Tournament site on Facebook!